14 novembro 2011

About the uneven floor...


The flat floor is an invention of the architects. It fits engines, not human beings.

We do not only have eyes to see and ears to hear and noses to smell.
We also have a sense for the touch of our hands and our feet.

If man is forced to walk on flat floors as they were planned thought - lessly in designers’ offices, estranged from man’s age old relationship and contact to earth – a decisive part of man withers and dies. This has catastrophic consequences for the soul, the equilibrium, the well being and the health of man. Man’s ability to experience ceases and he becomes disabled, mentally and organically.

An uneven and animated floor means to recover dignity of man which has been violated in our unnatural and hostile urban grid system.

The uneven floor becomes a symphony, a melody for the feet and brings back natural vibrations to man.

Architecture should elevate and not subdue man. It is good to walk on uneven floors and regain our human balance.


Hundertwasser, April 1991


1 comentário:

Anónimo disse...

Hi how are you?

I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not post a comment.

I have blogs also obviously and would like to invite you to become my blog pal.

I mostly post about the South West experience through the perspective of personal writings, and my art.

Maybe you can become my friend, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay.

Well I hope to hear from you soon… :)
Jesse